Hello.

 This message is in regard to a long standing problem we have been
having visiting certain web sites. Namely

www.avault.com
www.hotmail.com
www.nswtab.com.au
www.abc.net.au

We can FTP to the ping them etc but we cannot get web pages through.
Here is what we have discovered thus far.

Let's say I try to access avault.com

I do this from our router.

telnet 206.60.51.4 80
I get connected and type "GET /"  and the page comes down the screen.

On *any* machine on our network (all runnng Rh5.0 + Updates) however,
the same thing results in the
connection timing out after I issue the GET / command.
I have tried this with only one machine and the router plugged into the
HUB.

Also just tried it with a computer (my Win95) plugged directly into the
router with a crossover ether cable and it's the same thing, a request
of that page times out.

The router was a Cisco 1003 running IOS 11.1
It is now a Baynetworks ARN running BayRS 6

The problem has not gone away after the router change.

Any ideas? Is it an incorrect MTU value on the router Eth port? If so
what should it be? It's at 1500 like all our machines?
Is it the HUB?

Like I say all other connection is fine. There are just some sites that
we can't get to, the above list are only the sites I know of for certain

and have tested. It is also affecting some other services like one of
our customers can't use VPN.

This has plagued us for far too long. Please give me an idea of what to
look for. I did discover that we had 2 netcards set to full duplex they
were collision storming, since fixing that I've only seen one blink from

the collision light. Don't think it has anything to do with the problem.

Thanks.
begin:          vcard
fn:             Mark Rogers
n:              Rogers;Mark
org:            NRG
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:          Sys Admin / Network Manager / Dare Devil
note:           Our new motto: "You don't know how lucky you are!"
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard