Alfonso Barreto Lopez     Inst. de Inv. de Matematicas   U.N.A.M

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Dave Wreski wrote:

> > Sockets are opened in /etc/services
>
> What?  What exactly do you mean here?
>
> The file /etc/services is simply a number-to-name translation, like www to
> http, for example.  _that's it_
>
> > >When I try to give a service in inetd, does the socket is created, if
> > >sohow can I handle it, if not how can I stablish the comunication with the
> > >client socket...
>
> Services that are controlled from inetd are not started until a request
> for the service is made.  Until that point, inetd listens on that port for
> a request.

OK, I know that, my problem is that I already have my deamon that give
that service but it stays in a while loop waitting connections I dont like
that, so whith inetd, do I have to make a "bind" operation or where do I
take the socket controller in order to begin de comunication....
Do you have any example?