Dan,

Thanks for the the detailed reply.  And thanks for all the other messages that
this thread has generated.

I appreciate the detailed help and explanation you provided.  I _did_ read much
of the necessary documentation and I _do_ know how to build kernels and
install them.  You could not have known that and I appreciate the time you took
to explain.

Now, having said all that...

I built a new 2.0.32 kernel last night using unpatched sources and
built/installed modules.

1) After rebooting, I tried pinging an internet host from win95 and got timeout
   errors.  Looking again at the command you had me enter into rc.local, is it
   possible that only ftp and irc will be forwarded?  If I want ping to work I
   have to add something else?

2) Should I have seen any message indicating that my ipmasq modules have been
   loaded?  Is there anything I can do to prove whether things are working?
   Should dmesg show me something?

3) I was surprised to find that ipfwadm was not installed with RH5
   installation.  I did not have my CD handy last night so I could not check
   whether it is available as an option RPM,  Instead,  I downloaded it from
   it's home page.  Did I miss it somewhere or is it not installed by default?

Thanx for all the help!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com