> Where does one set the default permissions for ftp-users.  I want my
> web-group to all have writeable permission on each others' files, but it
> is defaulting to -rw-r--r--.

There are several ways.

You can use the `upload' directive to control permissions on specific
directions.

You can use the `-u umask' option to ftpd in /etc/inetd.conf.

> Also relating to this:  How can I configure FTP so that only one
> directory is visible to all users?

This depends on the permissions of the directory.  I'm assuming your
familiar with the chroot() concept, and have implemented it in your ftp
tree?

You can use mode 111, which will allow access to a directory if someone
knows the name of it, but not see it.

Then change the permissions of the directory you wish everyone to see to
something like 555.

Dave