[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I am surprised to see such a unhelpful attitude in this mailing list.
>  Your solution sounds like a Microsoft solution "install the product
> I like and I will support you".  Slakeware is still Linux.  Just
> because it's Slakeware doesn't mean a Red Hat user can't help.  It's
> still the same LPR subsystem, you capture to files the same way, and
> slackware runs the same kernel. I wish I were able to help this
> person, but do not have the skills to do so. Reply's like this one to
> people only looking for a little help is just ignorant.  Just my
> opinion.  Thanks.

It would have been friendlier to have responded with a pointer to a Slackware
list or newsgroup, true.  The bottom line here is that this is a Red Hat list,
and any extensive discussion of Slackware/Debian/Caldera/SuSE/etc...etc...etc
is a violation of the purpose of the mailing list.

This is a high traffic list which already has a surplus of chatter on it.  We
need to keep it to it's intended purpose.

Additionally, Ezekiel's originally message was not the sort to encourage
courtesy in a somewhat partisan arena, this mailing list.  He basically stated
that 5.0 was crap and he'd given up on it.  Therefore he wanted help to
install Slackware.  Not exactly a polite request for help.

Cheers

--
Rick Forrister                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Opera: Greek word meaning "death by music".
                --Anonymous