>       I was wondering what is the limit of web site domains a single
> linux box can handle? Say the load is just a few small pages per hour
> for each of the sites. Or heck even through hardware out of the loop for
> a second. What is the max that linux and apache can handle? 10? 100?
> 1000?

Its strictly based on your hardware capabilities.  A few small pages per
hour for each site, and you could most certainly handle 10,000 sites, if
not more.

Apache doesn't care how many sites your serving.  There are performance
numbers around somewhere on it, and there was a Byte magazine review of it
last month (although it got shitty reviews due to not having a graphical
config program)

Dave