On Thu, 7 May 1998, Jim McMurry wrote:

> It is a SMC UltraEZ 8514 10baseT card.  It works under Netware 5 and WinNT
> 5 on the same machine, so it is not a matter of the card being "bad"
>
> I have tried
>
> insmod ne.o io=0x2c0 irq=5
>
> no luck there, I get errors saying something about loading other modules.

use modprobe instead of insmod and it will take care of the module
dependencies (ne.o uses 8390.o or something like that)

> Also, I am having problems understanding the route command.  I looked in
> the o'reily books, but the syntax is different it looks like.
>
> Can someone give me an example of routing with the following IP addresses:
>
> Computer IP 198.70.120.250
> gateway: 198.70.120.1
> mask 255.255.255.0
> dns: 198.70.121.141

If you've got this stuff plugged into the proper fields in
/etc/sysconfig/network
/etc/resolv.conf
and
the routing table should take care of itself.
Else, something like (it's been a while since I did route tables by hand)
 route add default gw 198.70.120.1 eth0
should do it.....