I _know_ that this has been discussed many times previously, and I _did_ read
several readmes and searced the samba web site archives but I am still stuck.

Some particulars:

1) Networking between linux and win95 boxes work correcly.
2) I can smbmount win95 shares on my linux box.
3) Win95 network neighborhood and "net view" both show my linux box.
4) I ran trhough the tests in the provided "test suite" and they work - up
   until they fail.
5) I did create a pcguest account and password and turned on guest in my
   smb.conf file.
6) I did remember to 'smb stop' and 'smb start' after each change I tried.
7) I am using samba sever as delivered with RH 5.

Problem:

Although 'net view' from my win95 works, a 'net use' command will fail due to
incorrect password.  Double clicking in the linux host icon in network
neighborhood requests me to provide a password for IPC.

Any ideas what to to next?  Please read the 'particulars' above!  I _did_
create the pcguest account and if I do an smbclient of the server from the
server it works as expected.

Help!!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com