Allright.. here's what happened.

Everyone was right.. nothing to do with apache of course.. and all to do
with one little file (as always.. damnit =).  I think as Dan had
mentioned previously it was the /etc/hosts file.  I had also taken Dave
W.'s advice and tried the `network restart` path .. and that kinda mussed
up somewhere... and the network never came back.  a good trip to the
other side of campus today and a `shutdown -r now` later.. sure did the
trick.  all the kids serveing nobody made me happy.  thanks again everyone.

                        Joel

                Joel Oliveira
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://morpheus.hartford.edu/cs/student/joliveir