At 06:45 PM 5/12/98 +0200, you wrote:
>On Tue, 12 May 1998, Pat Swanson wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> am trying to install RedHat 5.0 via FTP, using my ethernet card model
>> 3c905B-TX by 3com , since I can't get RedHat to auto prob it could
>> someone please help me using the addition kernel command option, knowing
>> that it's on IRQ 11 and using I/O 400 or E400.
>
>Check that you have a option similar to "Plug and Play OS" set to "No" in
>BIOS. This helped for me. This tells the BIOS to initialize the card and
>not let the OS do it (Linux won't).

Otherwise try ( as per values you gave above ) :

ether=11,0xe400,0,0,0,eth0

interpretation: ether=  irq, io , io-end, memorymap, memorymap-end, ethnumber

>--
>Henrik Edlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>http://www.piett.com/ or https://www.piett.com/
>
>  "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>Naturally they became heroes."
>                  Leia Organa of Alderaan, Senator
>

>--

Todosic Andrej                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Analyst                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Operations
Mpact Immedia Inc.

    "Out the 10Base-2, through the router, over the leased line,
 off the bridge, past the firewall...nothing but net" -Gary Predmore