find crosses partition/filesystem boundries just fine, on both a 5.1 and
6.0 system - even nfs mounted drives and smbmounted drives :)

RH51    findutils-4.1-24
RH6.0   findutils-4.1-31

not sure what you are seeing, but find *does* cross filesystems

escaping the arguments applies to all commands typed at the shell. You
will proabbly find info on this in the bash man page.

charles