On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Rick Knebel wrote:
>
> > When I installed I made a swap partition of 250 Megs, but it seems that
> > linux is only showing 130 Megs.
>
> The max size of a Linux swap partition is 128 MB (really about 125 on most
                                            ^^^^^^
                                            NOPE
> --
> Todd A. Jacobs
> Network Systems Engineer

This has been discussed recently on this list.  It depends on which
version of RedHat you have.  Versions 6.x now support swap partitions
of 2 Gigabytes!!!  Previous limit 5.x and below: 128 MB.  If you have
6.x, and you're having a swap partition size problem, then it's something
besides running into a hard limit of 128 MB.

Jerry Winegarden                OIT/Technical Support      Duke University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                http://www-jerry.oit.duke.edu

To err is human, to REALLY screw up requires a computer!
But that's why I have a job :-)  and why I'll be working New Years.... :-(