Hi,
I don't know if this will help, but here goes. I had some problems
when my Unix system V machine printed a job followed by
my Linux sytem printing a job. I created a text file that held
only the printer reset command. If you have the technical
reference manuel or a good manuel for the printer it should
give you these. Then since my users access files from a
shell script when they log off the unix machine and return to
the linux terminal it  has a command to print this file.  You
could just create an executable file called ClearPrinter or
something with the command lpr filename and use it
when your job didn't printout as expected. Hope this
helps
             Linda