On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, David S Edwards said:

DSE>Sorry I didn't include that.  Here is line 178 and the couple preceding
DSE>it.  I don't know much about rpm spec files, so I have no idea what's
DSE>wrong, and I couldn't get to bugzilla at RH today.
DSE>
DSE>175    %package smp
DSE>176    Summary: The Linux kernel compiled for SMP machines.
DSE>177    Group: System Environment/Kernel
DSE>178    Provides: kernel = %{version}
                              ^ this is a variable. The value of %{version}
should have been set earlier in the spec file. Probably near the top. I see
you're calling the spec file kernel-2.2.13.spec. If you're rewriting this to
build the 2.2.13 kernel you have the advantage of me as you haven't told us
that yet. Also... if you're serious about building rpm's and learning the
ropes why not join the rpm list. I learned a lot over there during the last
couple of years and I still do.

--
Chuck Mead, CTO, MoonGroup Consulting, Inc. <http://moongroup.com>
Mail problems? Send "s-u-b-s-c-r-i-b-e mailhelp" (no quotes and no