Aaron Walker writes:
 > I have two questions:
 >
 > 1) Is there a console based ppp config?  I am trying to make my old 486
 > a gateway w/IP MASQ working and everything, but it doesn't have X, so I
 > can't use the cool gnome ppp config utility.

Yes. Run linuxconf, open the networking option and find ppp. You'll be asked for the
settings. Note that for some reason, it doesn't ask you for an ip address to put in
/etc/resolv.conf, so in some situations you'll need to edit it manually.

To bring the ppp connection up after it has been saved and configured do the following:

become root
type ifup ppp0

to disconnect, type ifdown ppp0 as root.

--
Jacob Schmude
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]