Well, I installed 6.1, but after all this time I have no idea what I did
with my old 4.2 box to get sandmail working. I believe I ended up
getting smail and reading howtos for two weeks and making links to
sendmail and doing something with IP Masquerade and on and on.

Redhat ought to come with a mail configurator.

If anyone has a quick recipe I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a
non-programmer with not a tremendous amount of time on my hands. I
believe I can deal with fetchmail on my own, unless there's been big
changes in an updated version on 6.1.

My isp is .ix.netcom.com for what that's worth. And I'm a single user.