hi.

i am having problems with my ppp connection dying for no
apparent reason.

connection is between two redhat6.0 boxes. one has an old motorola
28.8K externel modem and the other has a 56K supraexpress pro externel
modem.

if i login to the remote machine and work from there everything
is usually fine. if, however, i just set up the ppp link and then
connect elsewhere (ie. ftp to other sites, browse the web, etc.)
the connection never lasts longer than about 3 minutes.

i've tried playing with flow control parameters and idle times etc.
but none of the things ive tried make any difference.
i have checked that there are no irq conflicts.
i have also tried altering the mru and mtu parameters.

can anyone give me advise on what to try next?
or some pointers to useful info online?

thanks.

keith.

Keith Bennett                     Tel:   01334 463731
Mathematics Institute             Fax:   01334 463748
University of St.Andrews,         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
St.Andrews, Fife KY16 9SS
SCOTLAND                          http://www-solar.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~keith