Can someone help me?  I have reinstalled a Redhat 6.0 on a 6gig partitioned
drive.  3gigs are a FAT32 partition and the other three are to be designated
for LINUX.

After creating a "/ " root and a swap partition (root being 2875mgs and swap
being 125mgs), I then choose to add everthing but the IPX protocols to be
installed on my root partition.  From what I understand, the Redhat 6.0
Linux install only takes up about 900mgs of hard drive space, yet after
Redhat starts to configure my install, a window pops up saying that I about
another 500 plus mgs of hard drive space for the root partition in order to
complete the install!  It then gives me the option to continue.  If I
continue, it will say that "mount failed:".  If I do not continue, I have
the choice of choosing what I want to have installed again.  And if I select
only a small amount of packages to be installed and click on continue, it
will say that device is not in use and will not allow me to continue!!!!

First of all, I should have more then enough space to install 6.0 Redhat
onto a 3gig partition.  so why is it telling me that I do not have that
space?

Now, if I try to install the 6.1 version of Redhat, my PC will reboot after
I create my "/ " root  and swap partition!  I can not get past the part
where I create my partitions in the setup.  It always reboots my PC.  Why is
this?  How can I get pass this?

Craig Christensen