On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 02:43:45AM -0800, Wellington Terumi Uemura wrote:
> Sorry for this,but i have edited the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit to add some entrys
> for quota configuration like mini-quota-howto,explained.
>
> After that my system doesn't boot,he boots but he stops in the midle with
> the message checking quotas and stop.
>
> I've tryed the rescue disk,mount the /dev/hda1 (My HD) with command
> mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /mnt but i can't go to the /etc/rc.d dir!!!!
> I have make a backup of the original /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit but,i got to go
> there to replace the original one,how do i do that???

You don't need to mess with rc.sysinit on RH5.x and 6.x for quota. A really
quick solution is to install over the top but don't format the disks.

Alternatively, boot linux from lilo as 'linux init=bin/sh' and then remount
your slash disk 'mount -n -o rw,remount /dev/hda1 /'. If you remember what
you did to rc.sysinit remove it. Then you can reboot normally.

Otherwise you'll have to use a rescue disk.