I try to connect to my redhat 6.0 machine and establish a PPP connection but
no luck.  Mgetty is installed.  The server answers, issues the login and
password prompts fine.  However my client "Windows 95 dial up networking"
refuses to get past the verifying username and password screen.  Eventually
I get the message "could not negotiate a protocol" (Or something like that).

I set up my win 95 dial up networking client with an IP address and tcp/ip
protocol, enable sw compression, Use IP Header compression, Use default
gateway on remote network.

I think the problem is somewhere in the settings for the pppd.  Can someone
send me the settings that worked for them.