On 24-Nov-99 Louis Fung wrote:
> hi, everyone,
>
> I am using RedHat 6.1 RP3 (Gnome RH Dialer) to connect to my ISP, it
> dial, it connect, ppp0 up, but can't ping to my ISP's nameserver ip,
> which mean I cannot open any web site.
>
> the /var/log/messages said that the default route is my eth0.
>
> I already have the line defaultroute under /etc/ppp/options file.
>
> any suggestions?
> thank you for your time.

try pinging by IP address. if that works, then the problem is that you
did not put the DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf

otherwise you have a more basic problem, i.e. your ppp connection isn't
up properly.

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 24-Nov-99
Time: 15:46:38

   Windows 95/NT: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16
   bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4
   bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand
   1 bit of competition.