on my RH 5.1, 5.2, 6.0 I had to delete the (off-line, out of the box) default route and manually configure the routes since pppd's default route would conflict with the off-line default route.
Now it works.

Claudiu
----- Original Message -----
From: Louis Fung
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 08:28
Subject: PPP - defaultroute

hi, everyone,

I am using RedHat 6.1 RP3 (Gnome RH Dialer) to connect to my ISP, it dial, it connect, ppp0 up, but can't ping to my ISP's nameserver ip, which mean I cannot open any web site.

the /var/log/messages said that the default route is my eth0.

I already have the line defaultroute under /etc/ppp/options file.

any suggestions?
thank you for your time.

Louis Fung