Thanks all that mailed me.... within 30 minutes of turning to this list I
have my 2 cards working now....

Here's what I had to do:

in /etc/conf.modules
alias eth0 ne
alias eth1 ne
options ne io=0x300,0x340

in /etc/lilo.conf
append="ether=9,0x300,eth0 ether=10,0x340,eth1"
(after the prompt line)

And it works.... now to just get the IPmasquerading working.

Thanks again-

Jason Hirsch

(and can anyone tell me why linuxconf wouldn't do this if it knew there
were 2 modules... and why it insists on resetting the 2nd adapter to the
1st one's settings every time you make a change...:P)

Make it myself? But I'm a physical organic chemist!

Visit the Dorm Room                  Life may never
http://icdweb.cc.purdue.edu/~hirsch  Give us another
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Chance to do right.