You wrote:
/snip/
"Incidentally, I have yet to subscribe to a list that shows this behavior.
May I
ask which one(s) does?"

(Referring to lists that block accounts.)

The [EMAIL PROTECTED] has really shafted me!  I can read their
posts, but I cannot communicate with them, or the list-leader Axalon
Bloodstone.  The story is as follows:  I could post to the list from
Mandrake 5.3, thru my ISDN modem and my ISP.  Maybe I still could, if,
a) Mandrake 6.1 ppp worked on my system, and
b) my ISDN line was working, since I have no other external modem. (The
phoneco has been fooling with the connection for a couple weeks now with
no results as yet.)
Since I need help with the ppp connection, and I cannot contact Mandrake,
I am absolutely screwed!  And I guess I will be forever.  Maybe I can find
a snail-mail address and write them a letter!
--doug