I have a compaq 20/40GB DLT Tape drive in a Compaq Proliant 7000
running redhat 6.0    At the moment the drive 'appears' to be working
fine, except for the fact that it takes a looooong time to do a backup.
I recently noticed it was actually winding, then pausing, then winding,
then pausing, constantly as it did the backup.

Is this something to do with blocksize maybe?  Or is there someway i
can implement better support for this tape drive?  It doesn't seem to
be 100% supported as when i do a 'mt status' it says the density code
is unknown.

Any ideas?

<J>