What does rpm -q setup report?

The dependency is not circular because the version of setup that
ships on the stock 6.1 cdrom is setup-2.0.5-1

I don't think that this is a 6.1 machine, or at least not a stock 6.1
machine. Probably a 6.0 machine.

rpm -qf /sbin/fuser  shows that fuser is part of the psmisc package.

--Matt

--
  Matt Galgoci
  Job title: export title=`dd if=/dev/random bs=24 count=1`