At 07:59 PM 12/10/99 +0000, you wrote:
>On 10 Dec, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> >
> > I've got a dual boot machine, nt4.0 and rh6.1 (Via Mandrake 6.5 package). I
> > have system commander also.
> > If I select Linux under sys commander I get the first two letters of
> Lilo, "li"
> > and that's all folks.
> >
> > If I boot from floppy, linux works great although it boots slow.
>
>I don't know System Commander but I do know that NT won't boot from
>Lilo.  You have to let the NT loader (or whichever Boot Loader you
>have) do the choosing.  This means that you should NOT install Lilo to
>the MBR but to the partition where Linux is installed.  Have a look at
>the README file that comes with Lilo - it goes into all this in some
>length

Thanks for the reply Bruce, but I'm going to keep trying to get specific
answer. By the way I have a dual boot machine booting linux and NT through
lilo, so scratch that misconception. I have in the past had system
commander booting linux and nt before.

Roy

Bill Bradley for President.. I haven't trusted a Democrat or Republican
candidate in years...this man I do. Check him out. at www.billbradley.com .
Spread the word, there actually is someone who has put ethics above
politics..time and time again. I always liked him as a senator in my home
state NJ (even though we don't always agree) and always wished he would
  run for president..now he is.

"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe,"
a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself,
his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest
-a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our
personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our
circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of
nature in its beauty. "

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)