> On 10 Dec, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> >
> > I've got a dual boot machine, nt4.0 and rh6.1 (Via Mandrake 6.5 package). I
> > have system commander also.
> > If I select Linux under sys commander I get the first two letters of Lilo, "li"
> > and that's all folks.
> >
> > If I boot from floppy, linux works great although it boots slow.

IIRC there is a line you have to add to lilo.conf to fix this.  I just don't remember
what it is :^(

> I don't know System Commander but I do know that NT won't boot from
> Lilo.  You have to let the NT loader (or whichever Boot Loader you
> have) do the choosing.  This means that you should NOT install Lilo to
> the MBR but to the partition where Linux is installed.  Have a look at
> the README file that comes with Lilo - it goes into all this in some
> length

This is wrong.

My system first boot LILO, from there I choose linux or DOS.  If I choose DOS, NT
loader starts up
and lets me choose between Windows 95 and Windows NT.

I have set up NT loader to choose between linux, DRDOS, Win95, and NT, but it's a real
pain and
easily upset.

* Bruce R. Bauer           *
* Network Administrator    *