I agree.. I think I heard that elsewhere too, Samba faster.... I used to
backup this network with xbru under my rhl 5.0 box but at the time
backed up windows 95 and an os/2 warp 4 box, fine.... So not I
am backing up from a rhl5.2 pc, to backup a rhl6.0 and windows95.
And actually, the rhl6.0 box has a vmware setup for win98 on a
RAW disk (it's own disk) so when that is mounted on the RHL5.2
pc, it is a file system, not just a big file.   This is probably someting
to do with a Samba version......