Hi,

I'm also unsure in my answer. :-) But I *believe* that the zip disk is
refered to as partition 4, since it's considered an extended partition
(primaries on 0-3). If that's so, then I would try to mke2fs /dev/hdb4
or /dev/hdX4 where X is the verified drive.

Again, no sure answers, but at least hints. :-)

Regards
Gustav

--
pgp = Pretty Good Privacy.

To get my public pgp key, send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit my web site at http://www.schaffter.com