Hi,

I have just upgraded from RH6.0 to RH6.1 on my main server.

Suddenly, kppp claims in a message box, that:

"This kernel has no PPP support, neither compiled in nor via the kernel
module loader. To solve this problem: contact your system administrator
or install a kernel with PPP support"

Only button is the 'OK' button. I click OK and then everything is fine.
kppp connects fine and the ppp link goes up as expected.

Nothing to be found in /var/log/messages.

This doesn't always happen. I haven't seen it as root so far. Only as
user. After having ignored it once, I can close and reload kppp many
times without the message. Is this a module that is initially unloaded,
but then remains loaded for a 'good while'? If so, how can I make the
module remain loaded? (I frequently use my ppp link.) Or is there a way
of letting the module load without generating any errors, even though
the user is not root?

Am I missing something important here?

Best regards
Gustav

--
pgp = Pretty Good Privacy.

To get my public pgp key, send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit my web site at http://www.schaffter.com