Hello,

I've just installed RedHat 6.1 on my father's Dell box, going for a
standard Gnome Workstation installation. However, I can't get the sound
card or printer to work. I believe the soundcard is integrated,
unfortunately. The manual which came with the computer just says "Dell
Integrated Audio User's Guide, Technology from Creative Technology's Sound
Blaster". Win 95 reports it as a Creative Sound Blaster 16 Plug and Play.
However, it doesn't seem to show up when I use sndconfig in Linux. Can
anyone help?

He also has an Epson Stylus Color 600, connected to the parallel port.
RedHat didn't seem to set this up when I installed it, and the printtool
doesn't detect anything on any of /dev/lp0 lp1 or lp2. As root, I've tried
doing lptest > /dev/lp0 but I get a "No such device" error. There are
'files' called lp0, lp1, and lp2 in /dev, though. Again, can anyone
advise?

Many thanks to you all,

Douglas

--
Douglas Pierce-Price                | Queens' College
Cavendish Astrophysics Group        | University of Cambridge