On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Stefan Smietanowski wrote:

> You want all your machines to be synced with the ntp server simply?
>
> Two ways, one is to install xntpd on all machines, enter the config and
> insert your server there, then they'll sync with an internval you set.

No, what I'm trying to do is set up my Linux box as a Stratum 2/3 server
for a domain. The idea behind using either broadcast or multicast is to
reduce the load on the interface by sending out a time "heartbeat" instead
of having the overhead of responding to UDP queries. The Win32 machines in
the subnet won't be affected enought by the small drift incurred by using
broadcast instead of unicast for it to matter.

--
Todd A. Jacobs
Network Systems Engineer