I have a server connected to a network which is primarily for email and
webserving running RH 6.0 and IBM's apache web server 1.3.6.1.

It's been working fine since July --absolutely zero problems.  It has 2
virtual email and web domains and one non-virtual domain with both web
and email.

Two days ago I had a major problem -- server started to hang up and even
eventually brought the entire network of about 30 workstations to a
complete halt as far as accessing the internet or incoming requests to
the 8 servers on the network.

When my Linux box was disconnnected everything became normal on the
network.again.

So I installed RH6.1 (upgrade) and now here are my problems.

1. I can access the main domain and get email. Trying to access my web
site on the main domain tries to connect but delivers nothing -- httdp
is running and configured correctly.

2. None of the virtual domains work for either web or email.

3. nslookup returns the following:
nslookup
*** Can't find server name for address 209.219.xxx.xxx: No response from
server
*** Can't find server name for address 209.219.xxx.xxx: Non-existent
host/domain
*** Can't find server name for address 209.219.xxx.xxx: Non-existent
host/domain
*** Default servers are not available
(x's added by me for this email)

The above 3 addresses are for the nameservers.

I can't use nslookup in any form without getting the above errors.

I've gone back through linuxconf, hosts, resolv.conf , named.conf and
can't see any problems.

Any ideas/suggestions will be helpful here since I've been totally down
for almost 3 days now and this is a very active email/web site.

Thanks
Paul