"Paul R. Watkins" wrote:

> I get an empty document.
>
> I can ping all the nameservers from outside the server -- that is from the
> internet -- they all are accessable -- I'm trying to see why the ip reverse
> mappings aren't working.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions -- what does the empty document imply?

It's hard to say exactly, but probably that httpd isn't configured the
way you think it is.  Try:
tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log /var/log/httpd/error_log

I don't expect the access log to be very informative, but if anything
shows up in the error log, that might.  You may also want to try
starting httpd directly, rather from its init script, so you'll see any
warnings that get printed to stderr.

As for the name servers:  does your ability to ping them from the
internet include the server having trouble?  And, are you getting any
name lookups at all?  (That is, can you ping ns1.mydomain.com, or must
you use the IP?)

MSG