On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 07:25:21PM -0500, Jason Costomiris wrote:
: I've got kernel 2.2.14, DVD+IDE patch, reiserfs 3.5.14 patch as well as
: the USB 2.3.28 backport to 2.2.13 installed, compiled and working, with
: one minor exception..
:
: I'd like to use my Intellimouse Explorer (the funky 5 button, electric eye
: one) as a USB mouse...

Nevermind.. :)  Got it working.

I found a link to the linux-usb mailing list, and found a couple of posts
from December that put me on the right track..  Here's what I had to do:

mknod /dev/usbmouse0 c 180 16

cd /dev
ln -sf usbmouse0 mouse

Created a little script that gets executed just before gpm that loads the
appropriate modules.  (This step may not have been necessary, but it's
working now, so I'm not going to mess with it further..)

reboot (w/the mouse plugged into the USB port).

Everything works great.

Anyone know where I can find a listing of all of the USB devices that need
to be created in the /dev directory?

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.