Here is how I handle large drives with multiple OSs:

Boot 6.1 CD and use expert text mode.  This lets you choose to use fdisk rather that
Disk Druid.
Using fdisk, make a primary partition of about 100MB. After saving the partition
table, reboot with a
DOS disk and use DOS fdisk to create the primary partition for Windows and make the
rest of the
disk an extended partition, but DON'T create any logical drives in it. Boot the 6.1 CD
again using
expert text mode and this time use Disk Druid. Create a swap partition and other
logical partitions to
your preference and assign mount points for all partitions (except the swap of course)
Put LILO in the
MBR. Don't forget to create a boot disk so that when Windows trashes the MBR you can
fix it easily.