On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, David Taylor wrote:

> Could you please show me the line I'd need to start the openssh server
> from inetd?

ssh   stream tcp   nowait.10  root   /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/local/sbin/sshd -i

Note that the nowait limit is purely optional. I just put that in there
since you said it was only for admin purposes. That will keep the
resources down to a reasonable amount on the off-chance something starts
respawning or freaking out. I doubt you would need more than 10
simultaneous sessions, but if you do, raise the limit or remove it
completely.

A better solution if you need lots of terminals is to use X-forwarding, in
which case you need to add the following to /etc/hosts.allow:

        sshdfwd-X11: <your LOCAL ip address>

which will allow you to forward X-11 packets over the ssh tunnel.

If you find yourself opening and closing tons of sessions all the time,
the overhead of spawning the keys will eventually bog you down. :)

--
Todd A. Jacobs
Network Systems Engineer