No such thing as a "stupid" question.  We all were there at some point
:D

here's what I'd recommend you try.  Run XF86Setup or Xconfigurator.
Either program should help you setup your XF86Config file.  You could
always do it manually but at least this way you can get up and running
quickly (hopefully) and tweak the settings later (after you make a
backup copy of course :grinz:)

Hope this help

Frank

www.xmission.com/~dmacleod

-------------------------------

I just installed RH 6.1 with a Trident 2mb card that was properly
detected.
When using Gnome the windows are huge and when I got it online I
realized
that the resoltion and colors was horrible.  Looks like maybe 640x480 in
16
colors.  I tried the shift-alt-+ and nothing happened.  I looked at the
XF86config (I think that is what it was called) and there was tons of
settings and stuff, but 98% of the stuff in the file was remarked out!
would be happy with 800x600 16bit, can someone please tell me what
changes
to make and where?  I am assuming that I need to enable the other modes
before I can toggle between them.  Please keep it simple I am a COMPLETE
newbie to Linux.  THanks

--
Computers are actually powered by Chaos theory, not electricity... that
is just for the fan.