Hi !!!

        Just got a nice big harddrive (20GB) and installed on the first 10 GB a
win98 system with eleven partitions (i like driveletters so much), one
primary and ten as logical drives in an extended partition. Now i want to
put Linux on the space left, i am using Halloween IV, a german distro
basing on RedHat 6.1. The installing process uses diskdruid to create linux
partitions, i have no problem to create a swap partition (120 MB), but i
can't add any other partition properly, i always receive the error message
'allocation error, not enough space to create partition'. But there is
defenitely enough space.
        My first thought was that there is a limitation to the number of
partitions on a drive, but even decreasing the number of the windows
partitions didn't help.

        What am i doing wrong ? I know that i had the same problem back then when
i installed RedHat 5.2 on my second puter, figured out somehow but forgot
again. What does this error message mean ? Is fdisk as picky (i could hook
the drive to my other system then) ?