Hi,
This is what is the problem..Like I said the command returns almost
instantly but in some machines it takes a long time..like seconds..!!

what I feel is the system is not flushing regularly..what could be the
possible reasons..I think it is the hardware...On dell machines i do not see
this at all..but some of the assembled machines I see this...Why??

Thx,
arni