On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Ryan Marinoff wrote:

> >From what I understand, for wine to work properly you must have windows
> itself installed and wine uses the api's from there.  Is there an emulator
> of windows that I can use that I don't need to have a registered copy of
> windows?

Yes, wine. wine makes use of windoze DLLs when they're there, but doesn't
need them.
Get the wine-20000202-2 package from rawhide powertools; it fixes pretty
much all problems with running wine without windows (creates a directory
that will be used as C:\ and such).

LLaP
bero
 --
The first time Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is when they
start making vacuum cleaners.