On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Bret Hughes wrote:

> Does wine work for the 32 bit stuff?

Yes.

> Say office 97.

Doesn't work.
M$ use a lot of undocumented functions in their tools, and without reverse
engineering (which would be illegal :/ ), we can't duplicate undocumented
APIs.

>  When I first heard
> of it a couple of years ago there was no support for anything other than
> windows 3.1 stuff.

It's still better at doing 3.1 stuff, but it's progressing quickly.

>  Is it worth looking into?

If you need any Windoze stuff, I'd say yes. Native Linux stuff is
preferrable of course.
Make sure you get the 20000202-2 version from rawhide powertools (should
appear on rawhide.redhat.com shortly).

LLaP
bero

--
The first time Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is when they
start making vacuum cleaners.