It's not the machine name, but the users login name, password and workgroup
that matter.

George

On Tue, 08 Feb 2000, erik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up samba on my machine so that other can access some files on my
> machine.  Right now, the name of my machine under samba is 's1040'  I
> am getting this because I use DHCP to get my hostname and IP.  I would
> like to change the name to somethine else, what do I need to add to my
> smb.conf?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> erik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>         "Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?"
>         "A little early isn't it, Woody?"
>         "For a beer?"
>         "No, for stupid questions."
>            --A scene from the hit show "Cheers"
>

> --
> as the Subject.
George Schoelles /CPFC
Thawte WOT Notary

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated..."
-- the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Nisi Defectum Haud Reficindium  (If it ain't broke, don't fix it)

Digitally signed with PGP to allow source and content authentication by
recipient.