On Tue, 08 Feb 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Helvetiella Longoria wrote:
> >
> > Hi,  I am about to make a recommendation on a laptop that has a docking
> > station to our
> >  telecommunications/networking group at the university. They want to be
> able
> > to run RedHat Linux on it
> >  as the primary Operating System with WindowsNT as the second OS.  We have
> > narrowed it down to two
> >  vendors, either Dell or IBM.  Does anyone have a recommendation of which
> of
> > the two is better for
> >  running LINUX and network management tools? Besides the manufacturer,
> could
> > you also advise on a
> >  model?

FWIW,

I have a ThinkPad 380Z Model 2635 HBU, 233, 4 GB HDD, 32 M dual booting Red Hat
6.1 and WIndows NT4 workstation. There are various web sites devoted to laptops
and ThinkPads in particular. There seems to be a wealth of information
available on the ThinkPad 770 series.

I was at the recent LinuxWorld Expo in New York and the Dell pavilion had
more of a focus on their overall line while the IBM pavilion seemed to focus
more on their server line.

Cindy