I'm pretty sure this is not my problem, but would just like to confirm..

I have a laptop with a Trident Cyber 9397 DVD video card (4 MB).

Neither 6.1 or 6.2beta graphical install works.

I *can* get X to work later with a few XF86Config tweaks, (the details
escape me right now), and my 6.2 text upgrade hasn't finished yet.

I get a blank screen when X tries to start, and the last line on virtual
console 1 says it's using a Linear Frame Buffer on 0x0fe400000, size 4mb

charles