On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Jon Knews wrote:

> Anyone know of a good low-priced (under $250) motherboard that definitely
> supports DUAL CELERON 500MHz ???   I have a single Celeron 500 mother-
> board in my computer, and would like to buy a dual-celeron motherboard
> and one more Celeron 500 processor, and you know where I am headed.... ;-)
> Please supply info and where to these from....
>
> I once saw this in CDW or GlobalComputer catalog, but now do not.... hmmmm...
>
> Thanks
> -Jon

Well, I've been using an Abit BP-6 for 3 months or so now.  I use dual
Celeron 500's, not over clocked, with an ide harddrive (for DRDOS and
basic "standard" compatiblity (firmware flashing)) and 72x cdrom, plus
a Tekram 390U2W with 2 IBM 9GB drives.

I have not had problems, but others have.  It seems to be particular to
hardware and setup.  I've turned off alot of unnecessary BIOS stuff, and
things seem to be OK:

[root@localhost /new_soft]# uptime
 10:02am  up 27 days, 16:01,  9 users,  load average: 1.52, 1.36, 1.15

I'm still working on configuration issues, which has affected the uptime.

I think AOpen has a dually as well.

Good luck.

                           - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -

                             - BEAUDESIGN.COM -