Has anyone sucessfully installed Linux on a Compaq Proliant 1500
with
the old Compaq SmartArray EISA RAID controller? I've gotten it to
install correctly on a single drive plugged into the SCSI controller,
but the desired effect is to have the OS installed on the 3 drives in
the RAID array and to boot off of the RAID array. That's whats not
cooperating here.
        The install detects it as an NCR RAID controller, but after it
loads
the drivers for that device, it says it cannot detect any drives. Just
for testing purposes, I installed Solaris for x86 on there, and then
installed SCO Unixware 7 on there, they both were able to find the
drives in the RAID array.
        Obviously my Unix of choice is Linux, and I would like to be
able to
have it running on that machine so I can use all my favourite
applications on that machine. I was unable to find anything useful on
the Compaq support site.
        Does anyone know the trick to this one? Thanks!

Toby A. Rider