I had to reinstall RH6.1 because of the hack job.

The stupid autoinstaller for 6.1 went and deleted the partition from
my second drive, without verification.  Yes, I saw the message about
it removing all data, but in previous installs, if it wasn't the first
disk, you'd at least get a chance to tell it to leave it alone.  Not
this version.  Bad, real bad.  There should be another screen that comes
up and shows all of the disks and have a checkbox that you can set, or
unset, for removing the data.  Please RedHat, add that to the install so
that someone else doesn't have the disk laid to waste.

I have very important data on the disk.  It contains my http files, all
of my home stuff and the ftp area.

The data is still on the disk because I can set the first partition and
can mount it.  I was sure that I split the disk 50-50 and when I did that
the first time, the first partition mounted without any errors.  The
second partition complained that I needed to give it a file system type
first.  So, I redid the partition, making the first one, one block smaller
and the 2nd one block larger.  Mounting the first partition gave errors.
I have not run fsck on the disk.  The second partition gave the same error.
So I tried again making the 1st two blocks larger and the 2nd two blocks
smaller.  Same errors for the first partition and refusal to even try to
mount the 2nd.

Is there any tool that can be used to scan the disk, looking for the
start of filesystems, and reporting the starting block?  It is a must
that I get the data back from the second partition.

Before anyone says, where is the tape backup... the Exabyte tape drive died.

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance.

MB