On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 04:26:56PM +0000, Tom Gilbert wrote:
| * David Filion ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
| > I'm trying to compile a C program that I wrote on a Sun system
| > but it won't work.  The code compiles and runs fine on the
| > Sun server.  However, [...]
|
| Well, this isn't really the forum for it.

Well... Linux/Solaris differences _can_ be addressed here.

[...]
| > Program received signal SIGSEGV Segmentation fault.
| > 0x40075027 in strlen (str = 0x0 ) at ../sysdeps/i386/strlen.c:27
| > ../sysdeps/i386/strlen.c:27 No such file or directory.
| You are calling strlen on NULL.
[...]
| > #0 strcpy (dest=0xbffff9e4 "É", src= 0x0) at ../sysdeps/generic/strcpy.c:37
| > ../sysdeps/generic/strcpy.c:37: No such file or directory
| You are copying a NULL string into what looks like garbage (unmalloced
| memory or a char buffer which is uninitialised).
| > The code is ANSI C compliant and contains no fancy tricks and nothing
| > system dependant.

And calling strcpy and strlen on NULL is _not_ ANSI compliant.
Thought this worth mentioning.

| > Anyone have any ideas?

Show us the code. Better still, first winnow it down to as small an example
as you can and still have it fail. And then show us the code.

| > I want to be able to store the code in one location (the space allocated to
| >  me by my ISP) and ftp it to where ever I happen to be. ie. copy it the SUN
| > system and work on it there then copy it to the ISP then my linux system and
| > work on it there.
|
| Sounds like you need cvs ;)

Yep. And/or rsync, depending.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Gov't Employee-ese                        Meaning
"We need to fast-track this"    [I've put this off for so long that
                                 some big dog is finally on my back]
- Catherine Elkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>